The Agricultural Resources Committee (ARC) was established by San Juan County (SJC) Council in 2005 with the mission to achieve protection and restoration of agricultural resources in SJC. The ARC seeks to achieve it’s mission by advising SJC Council on relevant agricultural issues; identifying emerging opportunities; informing and educating electeds and local citizens about the importance of agriculture; and promoting programs, initiatives and policies that strengthen and expand the agricultural economy.
San Juan County is renowned for its deeply rooted, island-based farm culture, as shown by the abundance of diverse and exceptional farm products, delicious local foods, the pastoral beauty of farmland, and a commitment to sustaining and growing a resilient and vibrant local food system.
Here you will find information about current issues, upcoming events, how you can support agriculture, and more.
- To get involved with the ARC, go to Becoming a Member.
- For information about opportunities to conserve your farmland, go to Resources.
- For information on preferential property tax programs for agricultural land, go to Resources.
- For information and updates on the 2018 Comprehensive Plan and opportunities for strengthening agriculture, go to Resources
- For information about upcoming events, go to ________
- To find out about other organizations working on agriculture in SJC, go to _______
- To learn about San Juan County’s local branding program and the participating farms and businesses, go to ______
- For information on how you can support local agricultural in San Juan County, go to Island Grown.
- For answers to frequently asked questions go to FAQs.